3.14.2012

oh hey, fancy meeting you here.

..........

See that up there?  That is me, crawling back to my blog in shame.

I will try not to make excuses, but I will say that the holiday season (the last time I posted) was a whirlwind for me, which in turn ended up with my not finishing the Great Cooking Adventure that I had been bragging about in my other posts.

So here I am.  Honestly a little embarrassed and disappointed in myself for not keeping up with the blog or owning up to the incomplete Adventure a little sooner.

But I am extending a virtual olive branch, so that you will hopefully forgive me:


Someone that can still be mad after looking at Ryan Gosling with his dog is probably in need of a hug.  And a drink.  

Anyway!  Let's move on, shall we?  

I will start by bringing to light my 2012 New Year's Resolutions.  Because, really, why stop now with all this "coming clean" nonsense that I got going on.  I will say that I am pleasantly surprised with my follow-through on one of the three resolutions that I made.  With the other two I am failing miserably, which is why I am forcing myself to get them out into the public so I can start becoming more accountable for them.  They are as follows:

1.  Run at least one mile every day for the year 2012.  (Still going strong!)

2.  Write more. (Obviously crashing and burning hardcore with this.)

3.  Finish what you start. (.....yeaaaaaah.)

Ironically, I have not written one thing since I made Resolution #2, yet I have completely been on the road to "finish what I start" with the Running Streak.  Isn't that how New Year's resolutions work?  You make 'em, you break 'em, you forget about 'em.  Well, normally I would say yes.  But this year I am trying to really follow through - something I obviously have a little lot of trouble with (as made obvious with this blog thing I am gracelessly attempting to keep up with).

I have even gone so far as to replace my uber-cool computer background with a new one.  Picture this:  All black.  White letters.  Finish What You Start.  Pretty simple, but sums it up and reminds me on a daily basis of Resolution #3.  So I got that base covered.

Last but not least, we have #2.  Writing more.  So much easier said than done for me.  Which is why I need some help.  No, not therapy (although I would probably benefit from that).  I am talking about a swift kick in the behind if I am not posting on a more regular basis.  And, good news!  YOU (yes, you!) get to give me some virtual kick-in-the-butts if I start to slack.  Or you can just call me and yell at me.  Either way.  As a thank you in advance I present you all with this:


If you aren't charmed by this, I give up.  

So there you have it.  I ain't perfect.  And you can now pick your jaw up off of the floor.  Because in one sentence I have both admitted to imperfection and used a word that is not grammatically correct.  It is a new year indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment